Aligning with this new vision, the current CompTIA CASP+ certification will be updated and rebranded as SecurityX this year. CompTIA Pro Series offers hands-on learning with vendor tools and technologies that are required as tech careers progress. These programs differ from CompTIA Plus (+) certifications programs in two significant ways.
It’s easy to renew
You can participate in a number of activities and training programs, including higher certifications, to renew your CompTIA Network+ certification. Complete CertMaster CE, an online, self-paced CE course, or collect at least 30 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in three years, upload them to your certification account, and Network+ will automatically renew. CompTIA now offers a number of exam training options for CompTIA Network+ to fit your particular learning style and schedule, many of which may be used in CompTIA NET+ Certification Lessons combination with each other as you prepare for your exam. In its very basic nature, the CompTIA Network+ exam is not that much different from any other written test that you may have taken to-date. The exam uses a variety of question types to verify your knowledge in troubleshooting as well as problem solving a wide variety of issues, ranging from networking and operating systems to mobile devices and security. CompTIA helps you get the tech career you deserve with industry-leading certifications, courses and expert knowledge.
CompTIA Cloud Essentials CLO-002 Certification Study Guide
They are centered on the learning experience, not on a CompTIA certification, and some are aligned with third-party, product or vendor certification programs. Two common threads are present in CompTIA’s product development plans. First, digital fluency is a universal need in almost every profession. Some level of understanding is required to be conversant, especially with technology at the core of most business operations. Second, technology solutions do not work in a vacuum but are dependent on each other to operate effectively.
- We offer onsite training or classes at our facility on 34th Street and Madison in New York City.
- Hundreds of practice questions and a timed final assessment to help assess your readiness.
- While individual preferences on how to prepare for a test may differ, there’s a simple strategy that can get you started and help keep yourself organized during your exam preparation process.
- The exam uses a variety of question types to verify your knowledge in troubleshooting as well as problem solving a wide variety of issues, ranging from networking and operating systems to mobile devices and security.
This certification can enhance your career prospects, open doors to job opportunities as a network technician, junior network administrator, or IT support professional and lead to higher salary prospects. CompTIA Network+-certified professionals earn competitive salaries. While exact salaries vary based on experience, location and industry, network engineers earn an average of $72,000 annually.
Buy CompTIA Network+
Employers often seek professionals with Network+ certification to ensure their network infrastructure is well-managed and secure. CertMaster Learn is the only comprehensive eLearning solution developed exclusively by CompTIA. Interactive and self-paced, CertMaster Learn includes a customizable learning plan and performance-based questions that take you on a path of consistent learning
toward your certification exam. This privacy notice provides an overview of our commitment to privacy and describes how we collect, protect, use and share personal information collected through this site.
- It demonstrates your expertise and proficiency in networking concepts, protocols and practices.
- Acquire the necessary hands-on skills for your certification exam with CertMaster Labs.
- CompTIA offers everything you need to prepare for your certification exam.
- Support Networks on Any PlatformUnlike other vendor-specific networking certifications, CompTIA Network+ prepares candidates to support networks on any platform.
- The exam covers network technologies, media and topologies, devices, management, tools and security.
While some exam takers may have very little additional knowledge they need to acquire, others may have to invest significant time and effort in their exam studies. Regardless of experience, it’s in your best interest to take an inventory of the exam areas that you don’t know or know little about. Being honest with yourself will help you focus on what you need to learn and, ultimately, make your studies more effective. CompTIA DataSys+ covers the knowledge and skills needed to deploy, maintain, and protect data being collected by businesses and organizations. If a user’s personally identifiable information changes (such as your postal address or email address), we provide a way to correct or update that user’s personal data provided to us. If a user no longer desires our service and desires to delete his or her account, please contact us at customer- and we will process the deletion of a user’s account.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
A typical student in the CompTIA Network+ certification course should have 9 months or more of professional computer support experience as a PC technician or help desk technician. Network experience is helpful but not required; A+ certification or the equivalent skills and knowledge is helpful but not required. CompTIA a+ Series (little a+) expands access to tech careers and encourages more people to explore employment options through a modular collection of technical learning and certificate programs. This approach creates more efficient pathways to tech careers while still providing the support a student needs to pursue an entry-level tech job role training. Two programs, a+ Cyber and a+ Network, are currently available through Coursera. The exam addresses the latest skills needed by technicians, such as basic principles on how to secure a network.
- Please contact us if you have questions or concerns about the Privacy Notice or any objection to any revisions.
- Pearson Education, Inc., 221 River Street, Hoboken, New Jersey 07030, (Pearson) presents this site to provide information about Pearson IT Certification products and services that can be purchased through this site.
- Download a set of free Network+ practice test questions to test your knowledge, to help you prepare for your exam and to view examples of questions that you may see on your exam.
- We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects Personal Information.
Being well-prepared remains your best bet to score a positive exam outcome, namely passing the test and being awarded the CompTIA Network+ certification. CompTIA research has produced an abundance of YouTube content and we’ve rallied our top 10 videos of the year from the CompTIA Community YouTube channel for 2023. Learn what a DDoS attack is, types of attacks, DDoS protection and how to stop a DDoS attack. If an employee leaves within three months of obtaining certification, Infosec will train a different employee at the same organization tuition-free for up to one year. If you’re not 100% satisfied with your training at the end of the first day, you may withdraw and enroll in a different online or in-person course. Complete the form and book a meeting with a member of our team to explore your learning opportunities.
Please note that other Pearson websites and online products and services have their own separate privacy policies. Explain basic networking concepts including network services, physical connections, topologies and architecture, and cloud connectivity. CompTIA Essentials boost technological competence across a range of job roles, both tech-specific positions and in adjacent occupations that rely on technology. “Our mandate is clear,” said Todd Thibodeaux, president and CEO, CompTIA. “Equipping workers to thrive in an ever-demanding future world of work means building depth and breadth of skills through competency-based learning and agile pathways.”The new products span four categories.
A specialist in cloud computing, cybersecurity or data analytics must understand how different elements complement each other to achieve a desired outcome. Pearson automatically collects log data to help ensure the delivery, availability and security of this site. Log data may include technical information about how a user or visitor connected to this site, such as browser type, type of computer/device, operating system, internet service provider and IP address. Interactive and flexible, CertMaster Learn is the ideal first step in your training journey. Instructional lessons are combined with videos, practice questions, and performance-based questions to provide hours of content aligned with the CompTIA exam objectives.